How to upload your homepage to your free web hosting space
Each Maui Net Dial Up and DSL account includes 50 MB's of web space to host your personal web site. Follow the instuctions below to place your website online. For instructions on using your Total Control (TC) Hosting account, please click here.
- You will need an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to upload your web files. If you don't already have an FTP program, you can download one from the following sites:
- Launch your FTP program and enter the following information:
- Host Address: Your Domain Name
- User Id: Your Maui Net user/login name
- Password: Your Maui Net password
- Upload all your web files into the public_html folder and ensure your first page is called index.html
That's it! Your web site is now online and available for the world to see. Your default web site address is www.maui.net/~username.
Frequenty Asked Questions (FAQ's):
Q: Can I place a business web site in my web space?
A: Yes, but be aware the website address is still www.maui.net/~username.
Q: Can I have a different website address like www.mybusinessname.com?
A: Yes! The .com is called a domain name. To purchase and host a domain name, please visit www.domains.maui.net.
Q: My website was created using Mircrosoft FrontPage and requires FrontPage server extensions. Do you support such things?
A: Yes! When applying for your hosting account, please specify that you need FrontPage server extensions on your account.
Q: Can Maui Net create a web site for my business?
A: Yes! Maui Net's Development Team specializes in the custom design, development and marketing of dynamic web sites for businesses, government agencies and non-profit organizations. Please call 875-2535, one of our developers will return your call.